A 20 hour/week contract is available for the right person to join the Enviroschools Northland team.
This is an opportunity:
- for an experienced educator who’s passionate about the environment and empowering others
- to be part of a team committed to honouring relationships with the land and tangata whenua
- to work from home and in school communities across Whangārei
We are the carers for Northland’s environment and community. Are you one of us?
A few things you should know about Northland Regional Council… we aren’t about parking tickets, roading, building consents or any of that stuff! Our work is ultimately about working together to care for our region’s incredible environment and many communities, matching our skills and resources with the vision and aspirations of our people.
Toitū te whenua, toitū te moana, toitū te tangata.
If the land is well, if the sea is well, the people will thrive.
The opportunity awaits…
The Enviroschools programme takes a holistic approach to the development of resilient and sustainable communities. It is an action-based programme where ngā ākonga (learners) are empowered to connect with and explore their environment, and then to take action in collaboration with their communities.
We are looking for a contractor to support our Enviroschools programme in the Whangarei area for 20 hours a week.
- By joining the Enviroschools team, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a national network supporting over 1300 schools
- You’ll have the opportunity to guide, motivate and advise teachers on their journey towards creating a sustainable school community and help plan and deliver professional development and Enviroschools reflection events.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for someone who has:
- A New Zealand primary teaching qualification
- Recent experience delivering the New Zealand Curriculum
- An understanding of Te Ao Māori me ōna tikanga and can use te reo Māori in everyday settings
- Experience with a holistic approach to environmental education for sustainability, including action-based learning, genuine student participation and an understanding of mātauranga Māori
- An inclusive style of working that is empowering and brings people together
- Self-motivation and is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
We don’t just want someone that CAN do the job, we want someone who has the DRIVE to do a GREAT job and has a passion for what our organisation and values stand for. That’s why at NRC, we understand that sometimes the right person doesn’t ‘tick all the boxes’. If you don’t fit the mould exactly, but truly believe you have the creativity and passion required to help inspire Whangārei Enviroschools then tell us. We’ll consider it.
Need more information? If so, contact Susan Karels our Education Manager today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The work we do really makes a difference and if you are someone who is motivated to contribute to the management of Northland’s environment, check out the position description and apply today via www.nrc.govt.nz/jobs.
Applications close on 8 September and must be submitted online via our recruitment hub.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency/citizenship or valid NZ work visa.
Applications Close: 08 Sep 2022