Environment Canterbury Regional Council is looking for an Enviroschools Facilitator who is committed to the environment and sustainability, and in bringing about change within the community. This is a permanent full- time position.
Is this you?
You will take a practical, hands-on role guiding, motivating, and advising schools as they create a sustainable, resilient and thriving school community where students connect with and explore the environment. You will help schools plan, design, and take action in their local places in collaboration with their communities. To do this, you will support teachers, wider school staff and Tamariki with environmental learning, action, and community networks.
They are seeking someone who has the following experience and qualities:
- At least three years’ experience teaching or working with young people.
- Experience with a holistic approach to Environmental Education for Sustainability. Including knowledge and understanding of the key concepts of EEfS, experience of action-learning and student empowerment.
- Familiarity with school systems including knowledge of the New Zealand curriculum.
- An inclusive style of working that brings people together and is empowering. This includes the ability to make connections and build relationships in the local community. Confident facilitating both adults and students through a process of change.
- Appreciation of Te Ao Māori and the contribution Māori perspectives and wisdoms bring to sustainability. Good te reo Māori pronunciation.
- Excellent communications and organisational skills, including event management, administration, and computer skills.
For more information see: https://ecan.elmotalent.co.nz/careers/vacancies/job/view/875
Closes 1st Sept 2021.