Nelson City Council is looking for contractors to facilitate the delivery of the Enviroschools programme in Nelson schools at primary, intermediate and secondary level. For more information on the difference between contractors and employees please refer to the government employment website.
Nelson City Council is seeking registrations of interest in providing environmental education services.
Two part-time equivalent contracts covering Term 1 2023 until the end of Term 2 2024:
Contractors will be paid monthly for hours worked that month and will be required to manage their time across each term within the budget provided. Work will be distributed between two contractors dependent on skills and experience of the contractors, and the contractors will be expected to work together as required.
Education Delivery Contracts
Short term part-time equivalent contracts delivering specific programmes to support Council achieving specific outcomes. They will all require some degree of programme development as well as delivery, and will be focused at Primary, Intermediate and Secondary level. They may require engagement with the teacher, staff, and parent community in addition to working with students. We are seeking contractors who can provide services in the following areas.
- Waste Minimisation – working with specific schools to change their systems and behaviour around waste (ongoing as required)
- Climate Change – co-development and delivery of engagement process with young people on Climate Change adaptation and mitigation as part of Council’s engagement with community on climate change issues (est. Term 3/4 2023)
- Freshwater – co-development and delivery of engagement process with young people on freshwater values as part of Council’s environmental planning processes (est. Term 1/2 2023)
- Active Travel – working with specific schools to deliver existing Travel Planning and Travel Champions programmes (ongoing as required)
- We are only seeking registrations of interest at this stage.
- Registrations of interest should be emailed to Wilson@ncc.govt.nz
- To be considered, these should be received no later than noon, 25th November
- Receipt of your registration will be acknowledged by email.
Registration of Interest
The registration of interest should include an indicative hourly rate (noting that the contractor will be responsible for overheads and insurances) and details of any additional costs not included in this rate and supporting information as per the points below.
Please provide a one-page summary of experience with the following information:
- Which contracts are you interested in? This can be one, a combination, or all of them.
- List of similar programmes you have delivered.
- Brief summary of experience working with schools (one paragraph), including age groups.
- Availability and flexibility. Do you live locally? Could you work outside of school hours or weekends? Could you travel if necessary? If you are seeking a short-term contract, what terms are you available for over the next 18 months?
- Relevant qualifications
- No prior convictions
- Current full drivers’ licence and access to a vehicle
- Familiarity with te ao Māori
What happens next?
Registrations of interest for these contracts will be assessed on the following:
- The likelihood of successful contract delivery to a high standard; based on previous experience, availability and suitability.
- Cost as an hourly rate and any other expected costs not included in this rate.
For the Enviroschools facilitation contracts there will be a second stage to the process, which will involve some additional information being provided and a discussion with an assessment panel. This will be by invitation, based on those best meeting the criteria.
The timeline for the second stage of the process is notification of shortlisting expected by end of day 28th November. Meeting with assessment panel to discuss will take place between 12th and 14th December in the afternoons. Contracts are expected to be negotiated and awarded that week.
The outcome for those who do not make the shortlist for facilitation will be notified by 29th November.
Education Delivery Contracts
These will be assessed by the relevant team, and you will be advised if you meet the requirements and will be considered for this work. Contracts will be awarded as needed over the 18-month term, and several contractors may be used for ongoing programmes depending on availability.
Please email all questions to email@example.com