A new Waste Minimisation Officer role is being advertised for Waitaki District Council. The role is part Enviroschools facilitator and part Waste Minimisation.
This is a new job so it will mean we have two facilitators in Waitaki!
About the role
You will work with the community and stakeholders to develop sustainable waste solutions, implement Council’s Waste Management and Minimisation Plan, support and facilitate the Enviroschools programme including:
- Facilitate the Enviroschools programme within the Waitaki District
- Implement and continually review Council’s Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
- Develop relationships with key internal and community stakeholders
- Collect, interpret and analyse waste minimisation data to inform reporting and decision-making
- Understand and effectively apply relevant legislation, policy and standards
- Implement the Waste Levy rebate as it applies to the Waitaki District Council
Find out more here: Waitaki District Council – Vacancies (recruitmenthub.co.nz)
Banner image: Secondary students running their thrift shop as a fundraiser for climate justice.